Availability of DSSSL Technology

Subject: Availability of DSSSL Technology
From: "G. Ken Holman" <gkholman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 04 Feb 1999 18:50:43 -0500

It is unfortunate that blanket statements such as this may leave an
incorrect impression with readers.

The following statement:

At 99/02/04 16:51 -0500, Didier PH Martin wrote:
>DSSSL implementation is actually solely reduced to a single implementation
>Jade created by James Clark. All known derived work is based on this engine

... does not lead to the following statement:

>Just ask today people about DSSSL and you'll have
>probably the linkage to Jade. So DSSSL is now synonymous to Jade.

Whether or not a DSSSL engine is derived from Jade, there is more than Jade
available in the marketplace.

If you want to produce PDF or PostScript directly, there is DSSSLprint:

     http://www.nextsolution.co.jp/English/product/index.html

If you want to render to the screen, there is HyBrick:

     http://www.fujitsu.co.jp/hypertext/free/HyBrick/download2.html

Over the years I've come to know the people associated with these products,
and I have a lot of respect for how they are trying to take this technology
to market.

These are commercial ventures, not volunteer efforts.

--
G. Ken Holman         mailto:gkholman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Crane Softwrights Ltd.  http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/s/