Re: Existing XSL processors

Subject: Re: Existing XSL processors
From: Joel Rosi-Schwartz <joel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 1999 14:45:38 +0000

James,

I have downloaded fop.jar, but get errors while opening it with jar.exe:

$ jar -tf fop.jar
META-INF/
META-INF/MANIFEST.MF
java.util.zip.ZipException: invalid entry size (expected 8041 but got 7988 bytes)
        at java.util.zip.ZipInputStream.readEnd(ZipInputStream.java:347)
        at java.util.zip.ZipInputStream.read(ZipInputStream.java:137)
        at java.util.zip.ZipInputStream.closeEntry(Compiled Code)
        at sun.tools.jar.Main.list(Compiled Code)
        at sun.tools.jar.Main.run(Main.java:155)
        at sun.tools.jar.Main.main(Main.java:760)
Is this a local problem I have in downloading or has fop.jar got corrupted on your site?

I am quite interested in taking a look at it.

Thanks,
Joel

James Tauber wrote:

>So far I had a look at XSL engines which implement the first part.
>Is there by any chance a XSL engine, which implements
>the second part too?

http://www.jtauber.com/fop/

FOP is the beginnings of a composition engine that outputs PDF from XSL FOs.

James
--
James Tauber / jtauber@xxxxxxxxxxx / www.jtauber.com
Associate Researcher, Electronic Commerce Network

Maintainer of : www.xmlinfo.com,  www.xmlsoftware.com and www.schema.net

begin:vcard
n:Rosi-Schwartz;Joel
tel;fax:+44 181 355.4886
tel;home:+44 181 355.6513
tel;work:+44 181 355.6513
x-mozilla-html:TRUE
org:Techne Research Limited;
adr;quoted-printable:;;52A Cromford Road=0D=0AWandsworth;London;;SW18 1NY;United Kingdom
adr:;;;London;;SW18 1NY;United Kingdom
version:2.1
email;internet:joel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
title:Technical Director