Re: XSL with scripting

Subject: Re: XSL with scripting
From: "Simon St.Laurent" <simonstl@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 1998 12:32:45 -0500

At 10:15 AM 12/22/98 -0600, Paul Prescod wrote:
>The transformation/formatting issue was mostly about of politics and
>timing -- not a technological design issue. I strongly doubt that the W3C
>is going to put much faith in a vote on a deeply technical design issue
>from people who are not privy to the discussions that led to the current
>design.

Which, of course, raises the question of why people who are locked out of
the discussions should be inclined to have much faith in the decisions
arrived at in those discussions.  'Deeply technical' or not.

Open standards are a start; open process would move beyond that start.
Someday...

Simon St.Laurent
XML: A Primer / Cookies
Sharing Bandwidth