Re: XSL with scripting

Subject: Re: XSL with scripting
From: Paul Prescod <paul@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 1998 10:15:44 -0600

Flow Simulation wrote:

> Now we have seen the latest XSL draft, and scripting hasn't reappeared.
>
> Since there are obviously strong feelings about this, for and against,
> perhaps we should take a vote and send the result to the W3C as
> on the transformation/formatting issue.

The transformation/formatting issue was mostly about of politics and
timing -- not a technological design issue. I strongly doubt that the W3C
is going to put much faith in a vote on a deeply technical design issue
from people who are not privy to the discussions that led to the current
design.

 http://itrc.uwaterloo.ca/~papresco

"Are the social and economic benefits of capital punishment sufficient
to outweigh the injustice of accidentally executing innocents?"
"What benefits???"