Re: MSXSL and MSIE5beta2

Subject: Re: MSXSL and MSIE5beta2
From: "Steve Muench" <SMUENCH@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 07 Dec 98 09:02:04 -0800

Presuming you are running IIS on the middle tier to make your
existing early MSXML scenario work, you should be able to
move to your new environment by:

  1. Installing IE5 Beta 2 on your Web Server Machine

  2. Rewrite your old XSL stylesheets to use new XSL vocabulary/syntax

  2. Updating your ASP scripts to do something like:

     // Assuming JavaScript as the language
     // -----------------------------------
     // Construct XML and XSL documents using DOM
     mydata       = new ActiveXObject("Microsoft.XMLDOM");
     mystylesheet = new ActiveXObject("Microsoft.XMLDOM");

     // Might want to play with async, but sync is easiest to start
     mydata.async = false;
     mystylesheet.async = false;

     // Load up their content
     mydata.load("http://url/to/your/data");
     mystylesheet.load("http://url/to/your/stylesheet");

     // Do the tranformation
     myOutput = mydata.documentElement.transformNode(
mystylesheet.documentElement);

     // Then write myOutput (a String buffer) to the HTTP stream

 Steve  | Consulting PM & XML Technology Evangelist | smuench@xxxxxxxxxx
 Muench |      Java Business Objects Dev Team       | geocities.com/~smuench

         Get to know JBO at http://javatools/jbo/owa/walkthrough
                Do you XML? http://xml.us.oracle.com