Re: RTF Processor

Subject: Re: RTF Processor
From: s.rahtz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Sebastian Rahtz)
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 1998 09:59:02 +0100

David Megginson writes:
 > Paul Prescod writes:
 >
 >  > RTF functionality from XSL would indeed be useful. XSL is designed
 >  > to be a conceptual subset of DSSSL. Thus if you are looking to
 >  > extend it to handle more print-oriented flow objects, I think it is
 >  > most appropriate that you use the DSSSL flow objects which are the
seconded, in spades! for goodness sake, lets not see a proliferation
of new _ad hoc_ flow objects.

 > The biggest problem with the DSSSL flow object classes is that there
 > is no middle ground between the trivial simple-page-sequence and the
 > extremely complex page-sequence/page-model and
 > column-set-sequence/column-set-model.

seconded, again. some of you may recall that I added some small extra
features to the Jade TeX backend for this reason, to support what i
needed to even get started with "proper" printing. in DSSSL terms:

(declare-flow-object-class page-float
      "UNREGISTERED::Sebastian Rahtz//Flow Object Class::page-float")
(declare-flow-object-class page-footnote
      "UNREGISTERED::Sebastian Rahtz//Flow Object Class::page-footnote")

to which I need to add something to support numbered equations (which
theoretically need side-by-side flow objects

sebastian