RE: JScript error handling in msxsl ?

Subject: RE: JScript error handling in msxsl ?
From: Jonathan Marsh <jmarsh@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 9 Mar 1998 11:03:11 -0800

		-----Original Message-----
		From:	Dave Carlson [mailto:dcarlson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
		Sent:	Sunday, March 08, 1998 6:30 PM

		Is there a way to handle JScript errors in msxsl?  When
using JavaScript in
		a browser, you can define an error handler for the window,
but I can't find
		an equivalent object for handing errors in MSXSL.
No, there is no equivalent in MSXSL at this time.

		See the example below.  In Microsoft's MSXSL processor, the
getAttribute()
		function throws an error and aborts processing of the
stylesheet if the
		attribute is not present.  I have a document element with
several optional
		attributes, and I want to print those that are present.  I
can't find any
		way to make this work, short of creating a whole bunch of
alternative rules
		that check for all permutations of  attribute presence in
the rule condtion.
This is a bug in MSXSL.  GetAttribute should return NULL if no attribute is
found, instead of generating an error.  The only workaround right now is the
"whole bunch of rules" path.  Remember the words "Technology Preview".

Jonathan Marsh
phone   425.703.4591
 <mailto:jmarsh@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> jmarsh@xxxxxxxxxxxxx