[oXygen-user] Image and table width in Author mode

Tony Graham tgraham at antenna.co.jp
Fri Feb 10 04:48:05 CST 2023

On 09/02/2023 13:08, Frank Dissinger wrote:
> All my images have PNG format and an "otherprops="fmdpi:xxx"
> attribute where xxx is usually 150, in some cases 140, 160 or
> similar. FrameMaker, my previous XML editor, honors this attribute
> and scales the images appropriately.

FrameMaker honours it because it is FrameMaker-specific.

> I notice that oXygen displays images bigger in its editor compared to
>  150 dpi images in FrameMaker. I would need to reduce all images to
> about 66% of their size (= by factor 1.5). Unfortunately I do not
> know of any CSS style which scales images based on their own pixel
> size. Percentage values in CSS apply to the widht or height of the
> viewport.

There was an 'image-resolution' property in a previous CSS GCPM WD [1],
but it's not in any current CSS spec.  It let you specify whether to use
the DPI in the image, a specified DPI, or 'CSS pixels'.

Antenna House Formatter implements it [2] (also as
'axf:image-resolution' in XSL-FO).

> Likewise, I would  like to make sure that table columns are not too
> narrow on the PDF pages.

You might need to start a new thread for that, because everyone so far
has fixated on the image resolution question.

Regards,

Tony Graham.
--
Senior Architect