[oXygen-user] Auto-insert element with cc_config

Oxygen XML Editor Support (Radu Coravu) support at oxygenxml.com
Wed Oct 12 00:28:17 CDT 2022

Hi Scott,

Welcome to the Oxygen mailing list!

The DITA "Insert image" dialog has a "Figure title" text field. Once you
fill that, it automatically inserts a figure. So what you want may not
be that necessary.

Coming back to what you want, the "cc_config.xml" file does not have the
ability to invoke custom actions in certain contexts.

There are other settings when creating a DITA framework extension which
allow you to remove an item from the content completion window (for
example remove <fig>) and add instead of it a custom Author action with
the same name which may perform other things when invoked:

https://blog.oxygenxml.com/topics/custom-author-action-content-completion.html

For example you can create a custom Author action which inserts an XML
snippet like this in the document:

///relative_url/)}/"/></fig>"

Oxygen has support for various editor variables which get expanded when
used in XML snippets:

https://www.oxygenxml.com/doc/versions/24.1/ug-editor/topics/editor-variables.html

This "/{ask('Input URL', ///relative_url/)}/" editor variable would show
a very simple URL chooser, so it does not show the "Insert image" dialog.

If you want to show the "Insert image" dialog, you have the option to
create an Author action which calls a sequence of two or more other
Author actions:

https://blog.oxygenxml.com/topics/composing-author-actions.html

Oxygen XML Editor