[oXygen-user] [Ann] Oxygen XML Suite Version 22.0 Release

Espen S. Ore espen.ore at gmail.com
Mon Feb 17 03:04:24 CST 2020

I have some problems with Ubuntu 19.10. There is no program I can link
to the favorite menu and no way otherwise to run this from the gui as
far as I can see.

And if I use a terminal window to go to the Oxygen folder and run
./oxygen.sh I get a list of errors before the program starts:

*espeo at espeo-HP-EliteBook-840-G5:~/Oxygen XML Editor 22$ ./oxygen.sh
WARNING: An illegal reflective access operation has occurred
WARNING: Illegal reflective access by ro.sync.net.protocol.Installer
(file:/home/espeo/Oxygen%20XML%20Editor%2022/lib/oxygen.jar) to field
java.net.URL.handlers
WARNING: Please consider reporting this to the maintainers of
ro.sync.net.protocol.Installer
WARNING: Use --illegal-access=warn to enable warnings of further illegal
reflective access operations
WARNING: All illegal access operations will be denied in a future release

*Will this be corrected soon? Or should I go back to Oxygen 21? Does
anyone know?

Regards,
Espen Ore
University of Oslo

Den 17.02.2020 08:42, skrev Radu Coravu:
> Hi everyone,
>
> We are proud to announce the immediate availability of version 22 of
> the industry-leading XML editing suite of products, Oxygen XML Editor,
> Author, Developer, Web Author, WebHelp, PDF Chemistry, and version 2.0
> of Oxygen Content Fusion.
>
> https://www.oxygenxml.com/xml_editor/whats_new.html
>
> Simultaneously, Oxygen Feedback, a new comments management platform,
> has progressed through the Beta phase and it is now available for
> commercial use, while the new Oxygen Publishing Engine offers
> automation support for transforming DITA content into WebHelp, PDF,
> EPUB, and plain HTML output from your integration scripts.
>
> This release offers an incredibly robust set of new features and
> improvements and the seamless synthesis of all the products makes
> Oxygen the most comprehensive solution available for XML authoring,
> development, publishing, and collaboration. The latest additions and
> enhancements focus on productivity, performance, security,
> cost-efficiency, and simplicity.

> New features and improvements added in Oxygen XML
> Editor/Author/Developer version 22.0 include:
>
> * DITA authoring enhancements include a new DITA Perspective that
> provides an optimal UI environment for working with DITA projects,
> media resources are now presented in the DITA Reusable Components
> View, various improvements to search and refactoring operations, and
> much more.
>
> * Support was added for the DITA-OT project file, used to define all
> the contexts and deliverables for a DITA publication project. Some of
> its benefits include simplified publishing using a single
> configuration file, the possibility to share and reuse project
> configurations, project-level validation support, and enhanced authoring.
>
> * DITA publishing to PDF using CSS was updated with various new
> parameters and styling features, and it is now possible to transform a
> single DITA topic to CSS-based PDF output.
>
> * The HTML5 editing support was enhanced to be as robust as with
> XHTML. You can now edit HTML documents in the Author visual mode even
> if they are not XML well-formed. Support was also added for content
> completion in CSS or JS code embedded in HTML, code templates,
> formatting, XPath queries, and much more.
>
> * The built-in Markdown editor is more powerful than ever. You can now
> apply business rule checks using real-time Schematron validation, and
> the editor now has synchronized scrolling between the source pane and
> preview pane, which offers the possibility of previewing the Markdown
> content as HTML, DITA, or Lightweight DITA, with the latter two
> facilitating the use of Markdown in the DITA ecosystem.
>
> * State-of-the-art JSON tools were added for converting XSD to JSON
> Schema and generating JSON Schema from sample JSON files. Further
> improvements refined the content completion assistant, validation, and
> syntax highlighting features for JSON documents.

> [...]

Espen S. Ore
Mobile: (+47) 91390748 / (+30) 695 555 0615
Ithaca, Greece: (+30) 267 40 31613