[oXygen-user] Oxygen XML Editor 23.0, build 2020111805 Dialog Boxes no longer adjustable

Radu Coravu support at oxygenxml.com
Wed Dec 23 04:30:55 CST 2020

Dear Bonny,

When Mac OS version 11 (Big Sur) was released, some of our users
encountered problems using dialog boxes (like the Find/Replace dialog)
in Oxygen when Oxygen was in full screen.

We reproduced the problem on our side and added it as a Java bug:

https://bugs.java.com/bugdatabase/view_bug.do?bug_id=JDK-8256465

The problem was that when Oxygen was in full screen and a dialog was
shown, the operating system tried to tab the dialog with the
application, leading to a freeze in the entire application.

We noticed that if we make our dialogs not resizable, the problem does
not occur anymore so we went ahead and implemented this workaround. At
that time it was the only way we found to workaround the problem on our
side.

I added an internal issue to look into finding more alternatives to fix
this problem. If we find such an alternative, we'll make it available in
a future Oxygen release, I added your email address to the opened issue
so you will be notified when we do.

Oxygen XML Editor