[oXygen-user] A question concerning the occasional IMPERMANENCE of open tabs in Oxygen projects, when "reopening" those projects.

Jean-Luc Chevillard jeanluc.chevillard at gmail.com
Wed Jul 31 03:42:32 CDT 2019

Dear members of the Oxygen support team and of the user group,

I have a question concerning the IMPERMANENCE of open tabs in Oxygen
projects.

Mor precisely, I am currently working on several ancient texts, for
which I am preparing electronic editions (in a progressively changing
XML format) and each text has its own project.

When I exit Oxygen, I usually leave several tabs open in the currently
open project, and I expect to find themselves still open when I restart
Oxygen (and I can see that Oxygen reloads the open files, whih can take
time because many files are bulky and contain complex structures with
possibly tens of thousands of elements.

When I switch from one project to another one (using the "Reopen
project" in the "Project" menu) I have also come to expect that I shall
find the same open tabs as I had left open during the previous editing
session for the same project (which is therefore "virtually open")

Howevever, I have recently noticed that this does not always happen.

On several occasions, I have had to individually reopen files, after
using the "Reopen project"
(which currently lists 29 projects in its menu)

This being said,
I can now restate my question.

-- is there a limit in the number of open tabs which can be remembered?
(or in the number of virtually open projects between which one can
smoothly navigate)
-- can discontinuities [in remembering] be caused by the installation of
a new build (or a new version)?

Thanks for clarifications

-- Jean-Luc

https://twitter.com/JLC1956