[oXygen-user] Filetypes in Oxygen

Christian Wittern cwittern at gmail.com
Mon Sep 24 01:49:16 CDT 2018

Hi everybody,

I am starting to use oXygen (20.1) with eXist-db (5.0RC4). I set up the
datasource and can read and write to the database. When writing a new
XQuery file, oXygen suggests .xquery as the file type extension and
works fine with it.  However, I am used to use .xq and .xqm for XQuery
files.  However, when I want to save such a file, oXygen refuses to save
and shows the following errors:

Cannot save the file: API error: Failed to invoke method
uploadCompressed in class org.exist.xmlrpc.RpcConnection: Not in GZIP format

This puzzles me and makes me think that somehow oXygen does not know
about these file types, although they are indeed listed in
Preferences->Filetype and associated with XQuery.

Does anybody know what is going wrong here?  Any help appreciated,

Christian