[oXygen-user] repeated indexentries with the same text from the same page

Eliot Kimber ekimber at contrext.com
Mon May 21 10:21:32 CDT 2018

FOP does not implement FO index processing, so it is incapable of removing duplicated page numbers on its own.

Antenna House and XEP RenderX can both render indexes.

If FOP is a requirement it can be done by implementing a two-pass process using the FOP area tree—basically post-process the rendered index to generate a literal markup representation of the correct page number references then rerender the XML to produce the final PDF.

Cheers,

Eliot

--

Eliot Kimber