[oXygen-user] oXygen Author 17.1: Can it be configured to always add an element sequence?

Oxygen XML Editor Support (Radu Coravu) support at oxygenxml.com
Mon Mar 26 02:17:18 CDT 2018

Hi Kristen,

We added an easy way to do this in version 18.0 of Oxygen, for example
if you look inside the file
"OXYGEN_INSTALL_DIR\frameworks\dita\resources\cc_config.xml" it contains
a construct like:

> <elementProposals path="section" insertElements="title p"/>

which basically states that when a section is inserted, a title and a p
should also be inserted inside it.

More about the "cc_config.xml":

https://www.oxygenxml.com/doc/versions/19.1/ug-editor/topics/configure-elements-attr-cc-individually.html

But unfortunately your clients are using version 17.1.
Ideally they could ask the CMS when they plan to support a newer version
of Oxygen.

Otherwise, with version 17.1 of Oxygen a Java extension would need to be
implemented:

https://www.oxygenxml.com/doc/versions/20.0/ug-editor/topics/dg-author-content-completion-handler.html

But here's another possible workaround. I'm linking to a specific answer
of mine in an older thread started at a time when Oxygen did not have
this possibility in the cc_config.xml:

https://www.oxygenxml.com/forum/post31832.html#p31832

<oXygen/> XML Editor
http://www.oxygenxml.com