[oXygen-user] Is Tamil among the languages for which a specific collation is available?

Jean-Luc Chevillard jeanluc.chevillard at gmail.com
Mon Mar 19 05:38:05 CDT 2018

Dear Radu,

today [2018/30/19] was the occasion for making use of your add-on
for more powerful collations
(see below).
:-)

I received notification of the availability of Oxygen 20 and immediately
installed it.

As soon as I had installed Oxygen 20, I immediately noticed that Tamil
sorting no longer worked properly.

Since my memory works by layers,
I first remembered the procedure of MANUALLY REPLACING the file "icu4j.jar"
by the file "icu4j-59_1.jar"
inside the .../Program Files/Oxygen XML Editor 20/lib
directory
and the correct Tamil sorting order was restored

I then remember *your add-on*,
available at
https://github.com/oxygenxml/oxygenxml.icu4j.i18n
and followed the instructions in the menu
*Help->Install new add-ons*

It continued to work fine.

I guess I shall have to wait until the arrival of Oxygen 21,
in order to see whether I am asked whether I still want to use the add-on
:-)

But of course, I am (probably) not the only one sorting Tamil data with
the help of oXygen
:-)

Thanks a lot for making our lives easier

Cheers

-- Jean-Luc (in Paris)

https://univ-paris-diderot.academia.edu/JeanLucChevillard

https://twitter.com/JLC1956