[oXygen-user] transforming LOTS of files with saxon

Peter Stadler stadler at weber-gesamtausgabe.de
Mon Mar 12 08:54:10 CDT 2018

I think what’s expensive here is that you spin up a JVM for every file.
You can prevent this by passing a directory to the Saxon CLI as input parameter which should be way faster. (You’d need to concat the results in a second step, then)

Best
Peter

> Am 12.03.2018 um 13:54 schrieb Lou Burnard <lou.burnard at retired.ox.ac.uk>:
>
> I want to run a simple XSLT script against each of about 50,000 small RDF files, sending the output to a single file. I can do it at the command line, but I'd like it to complete within my lifetime, or preferably before lunch. Is there a better way than saying "for f in *.rdf; do saxon $f mystylesheet.xsl >> output.xml; done" ?

Peter Stadler
Carl-Maria-von-Weber-Gesamtausgabe
Arbeitsstelle Detmold
Hornsche Str. 39