[oXygen-user] Strange error while transforming docbook 5 to pdf (next error)

Oxygen XML Editor Support (Radu Coravu) support at oxygenxml.com
Wed Feb 14 08:23:39 CST 2018

Hi Bernhard,

Usually Oxygen tries to pick up the problems reported by Apache Fop and
report them in a better manner, but without reproducing the problem on
my side I am unable to investigate further.
If you look at the error you receive, at some point it has something like:

> file:/K:/BuchprojektSpringer/VierteAuflageXmlDeutsch/Lehrbuch.xml_xslt:5447:5425

That "5447:5425" part means line 5447 and column "5425".
The file "Lehrbuch.xml_xslt" is automatically created by Oxygen by
applying the XSLT over the XML and then automatically deleted at the end
of the transformation. But you can create another transformation
scenario (or duplicate the current one), choose in the "FO Processors"
tab not to perform FO processing and in the output tab to save the file
as "result.fo" for example.
This will allow you to look at what the "result.fo" contains, open it up
and look at a certain line and column.
After you open the "result.fo" the "Configure Transformation Scenarios"
dialog should contain a "FO PDF" transformation scenario allowing you to
create a PDF out of it.