[oXygen-user] [Ann] oXygen XML Editor 18.0 beta

Oxygen XML Editor Support (Adrian Buza)
Fri Mar 18 05:40:57 CDT 2016

Dear oXygen users,

We are happy to announce that version 18.0 of oXygen XML Editor is close
to being released.
We have decided to offer a beta version prior to the final release to
give you the opportunity to send us your feedback on the new features.

Below, please see information about:
* Downloading - oXygen 18.0 beta downloading links and notes
* Licensing - a trial license key for testing
* What's new - a summary of the most important new features in version 18.0

= Downloading =
Editor: http://www.oxygenxml.com/beta18/oxygenxml_editor.html

Important Notes:
- This build is meant for testing and evaluation purposes only. Do not
use it for production work.
- You should install this beta version in a different directory than
your current Oxygen installation. For Windows, we also recommend that
you disable file associations during the installation to preserve your
current Oxygen file associations with the various XML file types.
- All feedback is welcome.

= Licensing =
If you already have a license key for Oxygen XML Editor with an active
SMP, it will also work for this beta version. If you don't have one, a
registration dialog box will open and you can use the following 30-day
trial license key:

------START-LICENSE-KEY------

Registration_Name=Beta 18.0

Company=

Category=Enterprise

Component=XML-Editor, XSLT-Debugger, Saxon-SA

Version=18

Number_of_Licenses=1

Date=03-18-2016

Trial=31

SGN=MC4CFQCLeNZaZLiNuYfytSXqTTUZqpsoAwIVAJYECvVdXvAg9LbIP3EfZ8Lwrxy2

-------END-LICENSE-KEY-------

= What's new in Oxygen XML Editor 18.0 =
The beta release of oXygen XML Editor version 18.0 includes new features
and improvements to make your XML authoring and developing experience
even better. We encourage you to try these new features and we welcome
your feedback to help us improve them even further.

The visual Author mode now allows you to reply to comments. This allows
you to collaborate with others through comment threads.

A brand new Image Map Editor has been implemented and it allows you to
add links in specific areas in an image. You can experience various
improvements to Author mode such as while working with tables and using
the Smart Paste feature.

Two of the most commonly used documentation frameworks have been
updated. When editing in DITA, oXygen now officially support DITA 1.3
and the DITA Open Toolkit version 2.2.2 now comes bundled with the
application. Also, the DocBook XSL was updated to the latest version
1.79.1 and DocBook schemas to 5.1.

When editing in Text mode, you can use the new rectangular selection
feature to copy, cut, paste, or edit the content within the selection.
This is useful for editing or copying content inside a rectangular area
that spans across consecutive lines.

As usual, oXygen also added many new API and component updates for this
release.

For the full list of new features and changes in v18.0, please see:
http://www.oxygenxml.com/whatisnew18.0.html

Please let us know if you encounter any problems with this beta build.
All feedback is welcome!

Best regards,
Adrian

Adrian Buza