[oXygen-user] display refresh on Linux (Ubuntu 16.04)

Oxygen XML Editor Support (Adrian Buza) support at oxygenxml.com
Thu Jun 23 09:18:48 CDT 2016

Hello Christian,

What version and build of Oxygen are you using?
What distribution of Oxygen are you using (Linux 32/64-bit .sh installer
or "All platforms" .tar.gz)?
On what system are you testing this (graphics card is especially relevant)?

We have tested Oxygen v17.1 and v18.0 (Linux 64-bit .sh installer) with
Ubuntu 16.04 and multiple workspaces on an Intel NUC system (Intel HD
Graphics), but did not experience any graphical glitches when switching
workspaces.

Oxygen does not handle the low level rendering of the application
window. It relies on Java's screen drawing/updating mechanisms to
perform the window paint/repaint. It appears that on your system Java is
not aware that the window must be repainted after reactivating the
workspace. This may also be affected by the graphics card and driver.

Regards,
Adrian

Adrian Buza
oXygen XML Editor and Author Support