[oXygen-user] Distributing Dita filters in Oxygen 15.2

Oxygen XML Editor Support (Radu Coravu)
Fri Mar 13 05:26:20 CDT 2015

Hi Nathan,

Indeed importing global options from an XML options file also resets all
other options which have been set by the current user. In Oxygen 17
(April-May this year) we will improve the options import and by default
not overwrite all other user-level changes.

I'm not sure what you mean by "dita filters", do you mean you share
transformation scenarios or Profiling Condition Sets defined in "Editor
/ Edit modes / Author / Profiling/Conditional Text"?

Here's what you could do right now:

1) If you want to share transformation scenarios with the others:

a) In the Options menu you also have the setting to export global
transformation scenarios. Then users can use the action "Import
Transformation Scenarios" to import the scenarios.

b) Or you can save scenarios at project level and have all other users
use the same Project in the Project view when working with Oxygen:

> http://www.oxygenxml.com/doc/ug-oxygen/#topics/transformation-scenarios-sharing.html

2) If you actually want to share profiling options defined in the
Preferences->""Editor / Edit modes / Author / Profiling/Conditional
Text"" page:

a) Either pass the entire page to Project options and then share the
project with others:

> http://www.oxygenxml.com/doc/ug-oxygen/#topics/preferences-sharing.html

b) Or use a subject scheme map to provide fixed value lists for each
DITA profiling attribute:

> http://www.oxygenxml.com/doc/ug-oxygen/#topics/subject-scheme-map.html

and if you have a DITAVAL file created for each of your filters, the
preferences page has an "Import From DITAVAL" button which automatically
updates the profiling condition sets list.