[oXygen-user] Webhelp ToC Icons

Oxygen XML Editor Support (Sorin Ristache)
Thu Feb 5 03:00:13 CST 2015

Hello,

The open/closed book icons for the Content panel are set in one of the
CSS shipping artifacts:

.hasSubMenuClosed{
     background: url('../img/book_closed16.png') no-repeat;
     padding-left: 16px;
     cursor: pointer;

}

.hasSubMenuOpened{
     background: url('../img/book_opened16.png') no-repeat;
     padding-left: 16px;
     cursor: pointer;
}

.topic{
     background-image: url('../img/topic16.png');
     background-repeat:  no-repeat;
     padding-left: 16px;
}

You can overwrite these icons with a custom CSS that you set in the
html.stylesheet parameter of the DocBook WebHelp transformation and that
overwrites these icons with your own custom icons, for example:

.hasSubMenuClosed{
     background: url('yourCustomClosedIcon.png') no-repeat;
     padding-left: 16px;
     cursor: pointer;
}

.hasSubMenuOpened{
     background: url('yourCustomOpenedIcon.png') no-repeat;
     padding-left: 16px;
     cursor: pointer;
}

.topic{
     background: url('yourCustomChildSectionIcon.png') no-repeat;
     padding-left: 16px;
     cursor: pointer;
}

If you don't place the custom CSS file and the custom icons in the
directory with the DocBook shipping artifacts
(OXYGEN_INSTALL_DIR\frameworks\docbook\xsl\com.oxygenxml.webhelp\oxygen-webhelp)
they will not be copied automatically by the DocBook WebHelp
transformation to the output directory. So I suggest placing your custom
CSS in the directory:

OXYGEN_INSTALL_DIR\frameworks\docbook\xsl\com.oxygenxml.webhelp\oxygen-webhelp\resources\css

and your custom icon images in the directory:

OXYGEN_INSTALL_DIR\frameworks\docbook\xsl\com.oxygenxml.webhelp\oxygen-webhelp\resources\img

so that they can be copied automatically to the output directory of the
DocBook WebHelp transformation together with the other DocBook shipping
artifacts. In this case the custom CSS would set the custom icons like:

.hasSubMenuClosed{
     background: url('../img/yourCustomClosedIcon.png') no-repeat;
     padding-left: 16px;
     cursor: pointer;
}

.hasSubMenuOpened{
     background: url('../img/yourCustomOpenedIcon.png') no-repeat;
     padding-left: 16px;
     cursor: pointer;
}

.topic{
     background: url('../img/yourCustomChildSectionIcon.png') no-repeat;
     padding-left: 16px;
     cursor: pointer;
}

and the html.stylesheet parameter would have the value:

oxygen-webhelp/resources/css/custom.css

Best regards,
Sorin

<oXygen/> XML Editor