[oXygen-user] bug report: repeated schema-declared element content

George Bina
Mon Aug 24 01:57:01 CDT 2015

Hi Syd,

For performance reasons we use as context information for content
completion the path to the root, including attributes and eventual
previous sibling elements, including their attributes. In this case, the
context is like this:

<poem>
     <head>
     <sonnet>
         <pLine num="02">
           ???

where ??? is the place we try to find what content is allowed by the schema.

We also use Jing, and in this case it seems it will give an error on the
num="02" attribute and it recovers ignoring that value, probably using
the first pLine pattern, so then when we look into what values are
available for that element, we get the value of the first line.

Usually the context information that we use is enough, but in some cases
that use co-occurrence constraints that is not enough and more context
information is needed, in some cases the entire document may be needed
to decide what to insert next in the document. Unfortunately in this
situation the context information we pass along is not enough and the
recovery that Jing does when we feed it with the context fragment gives
an unexpected value.

I cannot think of a true fix for this other than passing the entire
document content as content completion context. A simpler fix, that will
solve this specific situation, may be to extend the content completion
with previous siblings of the parent.