[oXygen-user] Feature request: Improvement of Japanese search for WebHelp

Support Oxygen XML Editor (Sorin Ristache)
Wed Apr 15 07:14:32 CDT 2015

Hello,

Thank you for telling us, we will try to integrate the Kuromoji
analyzer into the Apache Lucene system that indexes the WebHelp pages.

What would the custom Japanese user dictionary add to the build-time
indexing process:

- a list of domain-specific words that are relevant for the domain of
the current DITA map and that are missing in the generic dictionary that
comes with the Kuromoji analyzer,

- or some generic tweaks that would allow matching a client-side search
term with a partial match in the index built based on the WebHelp pages?

I thought Kuromoji was a morphological analyzer that builds the index so
that a client-side search term will be matched with an indexed term
picked up from a WebHelp page even though the indexed term is only a
partial match, which means the generic tweaks added by a custom user
dictionary would not be needed anymore. Could you give a short example
please?

Thank you,
Sorin

<oXygen/> XML Editor