[oXygen-user] oXygen and BaseX

Hannes Bauer
Thu Sep 18 05:49:17 CDT 2014

Dear oXygen support,

The documentation of oXygen and BaseX is helpful if you want to bring the two products together:

  http://www.oxygenxml.com/doc/ug-editor/topics/resource-management-basex.html
  http://docs.basex.org/wiki/Integrating_oXygen#Data_Source

However, I was wondering why oXygen does not come with preconfigured settings for BaseX, as it is the case for e.g. eXist, MarkLogic, or Saxon. Would you mind adding such configurations to the next version of oXygen?

Next, I noticed that it's not possible to run XQuery 3.0/3.1 requests with XQuery transformation scenarios. For example, when running the query "1 ! <x/>", I get the following output:

  Invalid XQuery syntax, syntax does not pass static validation.

However, this query is supported by BaseX for some years now. Do you know what's happening here? How can I make it work?

Thanks in advance,
Hannes M. Bauer