[oXygen-user] Using XQuery Update Modifies Whole Document

Eliot Kimber
Wed Sep 17 09:32:17 CDT 2014

The difference with XSLT is that I can implement it so that I get the
result document I want: I can set the DOCTYPE details and filter out
attributes I don't want in the instance. It's more implementation work but
doable.

With XQuery update, if I had to update every element simply to remove
unwanted defaulted attributes then it would be no more convenient than the
equivalent XSLT (and harder to write, at least for me).

And I don't think XQuery has the equivalent of the <xsl:output> or
<xsl:result-document> instructions.

Cheers,

E.
—————