[oXygen-user] RAM settings for oXygen JVM

Oxygen XML Editor Support (Adrian Buza)
Fri Sep 12 08:25:55 CDT 2014

Hi Wendell,

-Xmx4096m (4GB) for a system with 16GB RAM is fine. Make sure you have
installed the 64-bit edition of Oxygen.
Generally speaking when increasing the memory available for Oxygen, we
recommend using less than half of the system memory.

The memory you allow Oxygen to use does matter if you have other memory
intensive applications. The Java virtual machine that Oxygen uses is
rather memory greedy, so sooner rather than later it will end up
allocating that 4GB of heap memory that you allow it to use and it will
keep it allocated for the duration of the Oxygen session.

Regards,
Adrian

Adrian Buza
oXygen XML Editor and Author Support