[oXygen-user] Support for Markdown Authoring?

George Bina
Sun Oct 12 02:02:46 CDT 2014

Hi Syd,

The best results are when you switch the Author mode to "No tags" by
default is renders "Partial tags" that is some small markers appear for
inline elements.
This was an interesting experiment to try to see what the Author mode
can do for schemas, so we implemented visual modes for XML Schema, Relax
NG, Schematron and NVDL and we even support embedded Schematron in Relax
NG or XML Schema. This was done when the Author mode was at its
beginning so the CSS files are providing mainly a nice view of the
schemas - and of course for Relax NG XML the nice view is the Compact
syntax :).
I remember there was one or two cases where I was not able to get the
exact syntax but otherwise the Author view on Relax NG XML is identical
to the compact syntax and it is a very quick way to see how the compact
schema will look like without actually converting to RNC.
It will be interesting to come back to these and see how we can leverage
the new functionality added in Author, especially form controls, to
create a new way to develop XML grammars.

Back to your question, you are right, content from attributes is
presented with the content property and that is not searchable in oXygen
Author.