[oXygen-user] rev attribute in topircref

Oxygen XML Editor Support (Radu Coravu)
Fri Oct 10 03:22:28 CDT 2014

Hi Roderik,

Instead of modifying directly the XSDs I would advise you to define a
Subject Scheme Map which imposes those three values on the @rev
attribute, the validation in Oxygen should report errors when the
attribute has other values.

> http://www.oxygenxml.com/doc/ug-oxygen/#topics/subject-scheme-map.html
> http://www.oxygenxml.com/demo/DITA_Subject_Scheme.html

Basically your Subject Scheme map would have the content:

> <!DOCTYPE subjectScheme PUBLIC "-//OASIS//DTD DITA Subject Scheme Map//EN" "map.dtd">
> <subjectScheme>
>     <subjectHead>
>         <subjectHeadMeta>
>             <navtitle>Rev controlled attr values</navtitle>
>         </subjectHeadMeta>
>     </subjectHead>
>     <hasInstance>
>         <subjectdef keys="revSbjKey">
>             <subjectdef keys="value1">
>                 <topicmeta>
>                     <navtitle>First Value</navtitle>
>                 </topicmeta>
>             </subjectdef>
>             <subjectdef keys="value2">
>                 <topicmeta>
>                     <navtitle>First Value</navtitle>
>                 </topicmeta>
>             </subjectdef>
>             <subjectdef keys="value3">
>                 <topicmeta>
>                     <navtitle>First Value</navtitle>
>                 </topicmeta>
>             </subjectdef>
>         </subjectdef>
>     </hasInstance>
>     <enumerationdef>
>         <attributedef name="rev"/>
>         <subjectdef keyref="revSbjKey"/>
>     </enumerationdef>
> </subjectScheme>

and it would be referenced in the main DITA Map like:

> <topicref href="revSbjSchemeVals.ditamap" format="ditamap" type="subjectScheme"/>

As long as the main DITA Map will be opened in the DITA Maps Manager
view Oxygen should also detect and propose those values when you use the
"Edit Profiling Attributes" action or when editing the values in the
Attributes view.