[oXygen-user] Oxygen Author Mode as a Word-Processor; Was RE: Easy insertion of en/em-dash

practice innovation
Thu Oct 2 13:08:41 CDT 2014

Hi Bob,

> I agree that author mode should have word-processor like features. It does not have the equivalent of a styles menu for body, paragraphs and fonts.

Hopefully such features will never!!! be implemented in oXygen Author. I like features which makes author's work as easy as possible. And if there would be a "do what I mean button", I would be very happy about it. But all this stuff should be content and not layout oriented.
Of course, designing your XML structure with CSS-, FO designers etc. would be really cool. But this must not be part of the Xml Author (mode). I see this feature exclusive in Xml Editor, similar to XSLT and CSS editing. It is an administrative task and not author's job.

I don't want getting oXygen a word processor. I want to have it what it is, a real cool, user-friendly XML editor, which is getting better and better. If I want a word processor I would use Word. And by the way: I really like FrameMaker, but allowing users to change their layout in any case they like, is not XML.

Markus Wiedenmaier

BTW: I agree, if there will be an auto completion, it should be turned off by default.