[oXygen-user] Signed executables in Oxygen

Oxygen XML Editor Support support at oxygenxml.com
Thu Mar 20 10:57:06 CDT 2014

Hello Nathan,

We already sign the generated Oxygen executable launchers that are
included in the kit (oxygen15.2.exe, diffFiles.exe, diffDirs.exe, etc).
We could (as in 'we are allowed to') sign the libraries and executables
that we have compiled ourselves. The Hunspell libraries
(hunspell-win-x86-32.dll, hunspell-win-x86-64.dll), the
'dotNetValidator.exe' and 'msValidator.exe' fall in this category.
Hunspell is open source and we have compiled it ourselves from the
available sources.

However, there are quite a few unsigned third party Windows libraries
and executables included in the Oxygen kit:
libxml2.dll, libexslt.dll, libxslt.dll, msxsl.exe, nxslt.exe, nxslt2.exe
and so on...
Some of these have license terms that do not allow us to alter the files
in any way, so signing them is out of the question.
Generally speaking, even without these terms, signing other people's
software is questionable at best.

So, in conclusion, I'm afraid that we cannot have every executable and
library from the installation package signed.
I'm guessing you need these signed for some security validation tool.

Regards,
Adrian

Adrian Buza
oXygen XML Editor and Author Support