[oXygen-user] vmoptions reset after oom-exception

Oxygen XML Editor Support support at oxygenxml.com
Wed Mar 12 10:47:00 CDT 2014

Hi,

Please note that the vmoptions are not reset due to the OutOfMemory
exception.
Most likely you (or the system administrator) updated your Oxygen
installation to the latest version or maintenance build. When the Oxygen
installation is updated or re-installed, the .vmoptions files get
overwritten.
If Oxygen does get updated or re-installed, I'm afraid this cannot be
avoided at this time.
Since you mentioned you cannot set the vmoptions yourself (I'm guessing
in "Program Files"), a better solution would be to install Oxygen in
your user home folder and thus have write access to its files.

We are considering adding an additional .vmoptions file that is stored
in the user profile (and thus can be edited) for such a situation.

Regards,
Adrian

Adrian Buza
oXygen XML Editor and Author Support