[oXygen-user] Long opening time for Oxygen 15

DaMommio, Aaron D (Aaron) aarond at motive.com
Mon Mar 3 11:17:45 CST 2014

Anyone else seeing long opening times? I've got a user who says:
===
I noticed recently that Oxygen 15 takes more and more time to open and display the Welcome screen and/or the usual framework. That can last for over 2-3 minutes.

Then, it also happens that some standard xml files take very long to open and display - from time to time I simply have to stop the application and reload it.

Is there some sort of cache cleaning operation that I should apply to solve this? Found nothing about that in the WG.
Finally, Oxygen reports no error about these hanging situation.
===

He's using Win7. I'm using WinXP, I also thought Oxy 15 was taking a long time to open, but when I timed it on my machine, it's only taking 1 minute, and then if I close it and reopen it, it only takes 20 seconds, so I assume it's benefiting from caching of recently loaded items.

Any advice?

--Aaron DaMommio, Alcatel-Lucent