[oXygen-user] running the flattenSchemaMac.sh script

Oxygen XML Editor Support (Adrian Buza) support at oxygenxml.com
Tue Jun 10 07:23:13 CDT 2014

Hi Tara,

Actually, the instructions I mentioned are not in the manual. They are
the instructions shown in the command line when you try to launch the
script with no arguments. You would have to be able to run the script to
see the instructions, so I see how that kind of defeats the purpose when
you don't know how to run it in the first place...

However, even running it with source gives the appropriate instructions
(first two lines are script errors reported by 'source'):
$ source flattenSchema.sh
> dirname: invalid option -- 'b'
> Try `dirname --help' for more information.
> The command line should contain at least 2 parameters: the input
> schema URL and the output directory.
>
> sh flattenSchema.sh [-in:inputSchemaURL -outDir:outputDirectory
> [-flattenImports:<boolean_value>] | [-useCatalogs:<boolean_value>]
> [-flattenCatalogResolvedImports:<boolean_value>] [-verbose]] | [--help
> | -help | --h | -h]
>
> Where:
>   -in:inputSchemaURL = The input schema URL
>   -outDir:outputDirectory = The directory where the flattened schemas
> should be saved
>   -flattenImports:<boolean_value> = Controls if the imported XML
> Schemas should be flattened or not.
>      The default value 'true'.
>   -useCatalogs:<boolean_value> = Controls if the references to other
> XML Schemas should be resolved
>      through the available XML Catalogs.
>      The default value 'false'.
>   -flattenCatalogResolvedImports:<boolean_value> = Controls if the
> imported schemas that were resolved through
>      the XML Catalogs should be flattened or not.
>      This option is used only when '-useCatalogs' is set to 'true'.
>      The default value is 'true'.
>   -verbose = Provides information about the current flatten XML Schema
> operation.
>   --help | -help | --h | -h = Shows this help.
>
> Example:
> sh flattenSchema.sh -in:http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/SCHEMA/xhtml11.xsd
> -outDir:mySchemas/flattened/xhtml -flattenImports:true
> -useCatalogs:true -flattenCatalogResolvedImports:true -verbose

The manual mentions only which are the flatten schema scripts, but not
how to run them:
http://www.oxygenxml.com/doc/ug-editor/index.html#topics/xml-schema-flat.html
I've submitted an adjustment to our documentation department.

Regards,
Adrian