[oXygen-user] Toggling @keyref with Tags Display Mode

Roger Sheen infotexture at gmail.com
Tue Jan 28 06:33:57 CST 2014

While working on Author mode CSS customizations today, I was looking for
a way to remove the @keyref values that are automatically displayed
before *keyword* elements when editing DITA topics.

The content in this project makes heavy use of keywords, and many
authors find the extra text distracting.

I found the relevant rule on line 1053 of the default `topic.css` file
and added an override in my custom CSS to remove `"[" attr(keyref) "]"`
from the inserted content (but still display the link).

This solution works, but I was thinking it might be better if this could
be toggled along with the *Tags display mode*. When set to *No Tags*, it
would be nice if these values were hidden. I would expect them to be
displayed in other modes that progressively disclose additional visual
cues.

Any thoughts?

Regards,

Roger