[oXygen-user] Adding a Google Analytics code for our xHTML output

Oxygen XML Editor Support support at oxygenxml.com
Mon Jan 20 03:02:45 CST 2014

Hello,

You should create a file with your XHTML code for Google Analytics and
set the path of this file in the parameter called webhelp.head.script in
the DITA Webhelp transformation. The Webhelp transformation inserts the
content of the file set in the webhelp.head.script parameter in the
<head> element of each output Webhelp page.

If you need to insert some JavaScript code in the <body> element of each
page you can use the parameter called webhelp.body.script. The value of
the parameter is the file path of a file containing the XHTML code that
will be inserted at the beginning of the <body> element.

The parameters webhelp.head.script and webhelp.body.script can be used
in the same Webhelp transformation and we used both parameters for our
internal Webhelp transformations when we needed to add Google Analytics
code to the Webhelp pages. You can use only one of them if it works for
you to insert the whole JavaScript code either in <head> or in <body>.

Best regards,