[oXygen-user] Feature Request: Variables for Path Components When Building Result Locations in Scenarios

Eliot Kimber ekimber at rsicms.com
Fri Feb 7 16:05:52 CST 2014

I find myself doing a lot of scenarios where I'm generating new copies of
existing files or transforming files from one schema to another. In that
case, I often need to output the files into a directory structure that
reflects the input file's structure, e.g., the same parent and grandparent
but under a different greatgrandparent.

I haven't seen a way to do this statically in setting up the output
location in a transformation scenario. I can get the input file's path,
it's name, and so on, but not just it's parent's or grandparent's folder
name.

I'm thinking that what I'd really like is the ability to get any component
of the input file's path so that I can then construct the result path,
something like:

../../../newdir/${parent:3}/${parent:2}/${parent:1}/$cfn-newbit.xml

Where the tokens are addressed from nearest (parent) to farthest, as for
the ancestor:: axis.

If I had that I could have single transform scenarios I could apply to
large sets of files in different structures and get the required result
without having to rejigger the transform scenario for each different
output location.

Cheers,

E.

—————