[oXygen-user] issue with replace in multiple files

Peter Stadler stadler at weber-gesamtausgabe.de
Wed Feb 5 07:45:08 CST 2014

Dear list,

I’m facing an issue with the current oXygen 15.2 for Mac (10.9.1, German locale) and wonder whether it’s me or Oxygen:
When doing a search/replace on multiple XML files oxygen stalls (progress dialog remains on one file forever) on specific files. These files have in common that they contain characters from higher Unicode ranges (musical symbols) and when opened oXygen prompts for „bidirectional modus“.
Worst thing though, when canceling the operation the file at which oxygen stalled will be empty.

Hope my report is meaningful and will help to solve the issue,
Best
Peter

--
Peter Stadler