[oXygen-user] Oxygen XML search options in Eclipse plugin?

Richard Forster
Tue Aug 12 02:27:35 CDT 2014

I’d also be very happy to see an Oxygen search/replace dialog in the Eclipse plugin, preferably directly in the editor rather than via “Search in Files”, but both would be great!
Richard

From:  [mailto:] On Behalf Of Vadim Peretokin
Sent: Tuesday, August 12, 2014 08:35
To: Oxygen XML Editor Support (Radu Coravu)
Subject: Re: [oXygen-user] Oxygen XML search options in Eclipse plugin?

That'd be quite fine, that dialog is nice to use.

On Tue, Aug 12, 2014 at 4:28 PM, Oxygen XML Editor Support (Radu Coravu) <<mailto:>> wrote:
Hi Vadim,

Thanks for the vote, we'll consider this for a future version.

The regular Eclipse Find/Replace dialog functionality which appears when using Ctrl-F is quite inflexible to extensions so we would need to re-write completely the Ctrl-F find/replace functionality when editing XML files. So this would be quite tough to do.

The Search in Files functionality from Eclipse seems to allow adding extra tabs to it (we could add a tab called "XML Search" for example). So this looks more extensible and easier to work with from a plugin.