[oXygen-user] Custom action to process a document and update an element?

Wendell Piez wapiez at wendellpiez.com
Wed Nov 20 09:49:09 CST 2013

Eliot and oXygenists,

Since oXygen won't save over the XML source, I'd have the
transformation scenario display output in the the XML results, then
save from there. Two steps, not one.

Adding to Eliot's request -- I know the usefulness of a generalized
"run XSLT and update the document with the result" has been discussed,
but I can't remember what the impediments are.

Something like an option in a transformation scenario to "replace
source document"?

Along similar lines, if transformation scenarios could reference
editor windows as well as files, one could write an XSLT, apply it to
an XML, inspect the output in the results view, and save it (even over
the original) if one liked it, or revise the XSLT and run it again if
necessary. This can be done now with more overhead (we have to save
the XSLT out first, then create a transformation scenario). Perhaps a
particular buffer could be designated as a "sandbox" for such purposes
(and contain XSLT or XQuery).

Of course it would be dangerous, but so are lots of power tools.

Cheers, Wendell

XML | XSLT | electronic publishing
Eat Your Vegetables