[oXygen-user] Feature request: Improvement of Japanese search for WebHelp

Naoki Hirai naokihirai0930 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 17 00:23:40 CST 2013

Hi,

I like Oxygen WebHelp very much and recommend it to Japanese users. The
WebHelp is sophisticated online manual solution, but one issue has still
remained for Japanese users. That is a Japanese search. For Japanese it's
difficult to extract words from sentences. Because the words are not
separated by spaces. Therefore, in general, a morphological analyzer is
used to extract the words from the sentences. Recently, an open source
Japanese morphological analyzer which is called "Kuromoji" has become
popular. The Apache Solr has introduced Kuromoji as the morphological
analyzer.

So, my feature request is that Oxygen WebHelp plug-in will incorporate
Kuromoji as the morphological analyzer. And add a parameter which selects a
stemmer for generating a WebHelp output. I can help the development and the
evaluation.

Please have a thought.

Best regards,
Naoki