[oXygen-user] How can I ignore invalid CSS?

George Cristian Bina george at oxygenxml.com
Thu May 16 07:14:13 CDT 2013

Thanks Jostein,

oXygen cannot find that CSS and then it is a little draconian in
handling this error. I also tested by pointing to
http://twitter.github.io/bootstrap/assets/css/bootstrap.css and this
also gives a fatal error that prevents oXygen from building the CSS
model to render the document.

I am afraid there is not much to do other than fixing that reference to
point to a reachable location that contains a valid CSS - it can be an
empty CSS file.

We recorded a few enhancements we need to do for such cases

1. pass the CSS through the XML Catalog, this will allow you to redirect
an existing CSS location to a local CSS file that you can control.

2. Try to make our implementation more forgiving wrt such errors.

3.. Add an option in the framework configuration to allow ignoring the
CSS specified inside a file and use the CSSes defined in the framework
instead.

Thanks again for bringing this issue to our attention and I am sorry
that we cannot provide an immediate solution to this problem.