[oXygen-user] Integrating an SVG editor with oXygen

George Cristian Bina george at oxygenxml.com
Sat Jun 22 01:25:06 CDT 2013

Hi Bob,

Markus Wiedenmaier created a custom action to annotate an image in a
DITA document using an external image editor, Inkscape was the one I
tested this action with.
Basically you trigger the action on an image and that action takes the
image inside Inkspace where you can add different annotations or perform
different transformation on the image, like crop for example. The result
SVG from Inskape replaces then the actual image in the DITA document.
This is a nice way of adding annotations or changes to an image while
keeping the original image unchanged.
You can find a demo of this in a recording from our users meetup from
Prague this year
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/o7ezf0s5pu2gbir/5tnFEX0YSK

While this is not exactly the action you want, it is close and a little
more complex, so creating a new image though an external editor is also
possible and probably Markus can easily change his action to do that.