[oXygen-user] A few config questions

Oxygen XML Editor Support support at oxygenxml.com
Fri Jun 14 02:32:33 CDT 2013

Hi Steven,

Please see some answers below:

>     In the Open/Find resource, there's an option to "Index the content of remote resources" - how are those remote resourced defined?

The Open/Find resource usually looks in two places: at the files and
folders added in the Project view and at the references made by DITA
Maps opened in the DITA Maps Manager view.

For example if a DITA Map is opened from a remote server (from a CMS or
from a WebDav location) by default the content indexer will not search
in its referenced topics. This option controls that.

You can also reference remote URLs in the Project by right clicking and
choosing "New->Logical folders from web".

>     "Search References" - when I'm in Author mode of a DITA doc, and I right-click on an element for Search References, it does search, but I don't know what constraints there are on the search.  Does it search every XML file in the current project?  Can I add search specific constraints?

It searches in the context of the DITA Map currently opened and selected
in the DITA Maps Manager. Or if you have specified a root map (version
15.0 feature) it searches in the context of the root map.

>     Is there a way to enable quotes/apostrophes in the majority of the file, but use straight quotes and straight single quote in particular elements/xpaths?  For example, I don't want an apostrophe in a codeblock, I want straight quotes.

No, not for now, but I'll add this as an improvement request. In the
meatime, text you paste in the Author mode retains its original quotes
so you could edit the codeblock content in a separate editor in the Text
page and then paste it in the DITA topic.

>     Can the DITA Map Manager do anything with reltables?

No, it cannot. It displays the map in a TOC-like fashion and thus hides
some of the nodes which do not contain direct references. Right now you
need to open the map in the main editing area and edit the relationship
table there. But we'll see what we can do in the future to maybe allow
editing it directly in the dita map tree.