[oXygen-user] oXygen and network schema fetches

David Sewell dsewell at virginia.edu
Tue Jun 4 21:31:02 CDT 2013

I was just checking Apache logs for the past month on our web server and
noticed that the highest bandwidth was coming from downloads of RELAX NG
schemas that we store there. When creating and editing XML files with
oXygen, we typically use shared HTTP locations for our schemas.

A little bit of testing shows that when opening and editing an XML file,
an RNG schema is fetched over the network many times, not just when it
is first opened. It seems to fetch it when the file is first opened,
then when content is first added (in order to determine the valid
elements and attributes), and then other times later during the editing.

Is there any way to configure oXygen so that a schema file is downloaded
once during an editing session and used from cache after that?

David

PO Box 400314, Charlottesville, VA 22904-4314 USA