[oXygen-user] Integrating an SVG editor with oXygen

George Cristian Bina george at oxygenxml.com
Thu Jul 4 04:49:27 CDT 2013

Hi Markus,

On 6/24/13 9:06 PM, practice innovation wrote:
[...]
> Editing SVG-images
>
> If you double click an svg, oXygen fragment editor is opened. I don’t
> know, if you can configure oXygen that referenced svgs are handled like
> jpg-graphics. Perhaps this could solve your problem if it’s possible.
>
> @George: is it possible to change this behavior?

[...]

No, that is not possible now. If the SVG image is local then oXygen will
open that directly, otherwise we will open it with the browser/system
application. I recorded an issue to look into changing this behavior in
15.1 to always use the system application to open SVG images as oXygen
does not offer visual editing support for SVGs. There is not a very
strong indication that any of these behaviors should be taken but if we
let the system application to open the SVGs then someone that wants to
have them open in oXygen can associate the svg extension with oXygen.