[oXygen-user] tokenization problem

G. Ken Holman gkholman at CraneSoftwrights.com
Mon Feb 4 08:44:17 CST 2013

At 2013-02-04 14:38 +0000, Roderik Dernison wrote:
>We want to tokenize natural language into xml. Each word and each
>punctuation mark needs to be put into an attribute of an xml
>element. But doing this, oXygen reports an error "not closing an xml
>tag". When I checked the output it seemded oXygen transforms "
>into a literal " and (even) " seems to be transformed that way.
>Is there a way to prevent oXygen from behaving this way?

How are you creating your markup?  You say that oXygen is the
culprit, but you don't show us the steps of what is happening.

Can you show an example of your data and your output, and tell us the
steps that you take?  Even something simple like this that has
punctuation and quotes in it:

    Did you see?  This "phrase" isn't working!

Then we can better be in a position to help you.

Free 5-hour lecture: http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/links/udemy.htm
Crane Softwrights Ltd.            http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/z/
G. Ken Holman                   mailto:gkholman at CraneSoftwrights.com