[oXygen-user] Validating a Maven pom.xml file in Oxygen?

Oxygen XML Editor Support support at oxygenxml.com
Thu Dec 5 04:46:53 CST 2013

Hi Aaron,

The Maven XML Schema has a target namespace so the reference to it from
the XML document should be like:

> <project xmlns="http://maven.apache.org/POM/4.0.0" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
>     xsi:schemaLocation="http://maven.apache.org/POM/4.0.0 http://maven.apache.org/xsd/maven-4.0.0.xsd">

Basically the value of the "xsi:schemaLocation" attribute is usually
list of (targetNamespace schemaLocation) pairs.

If you do not want to link directly to the schema from the XML you
should consider downloading the schema to a local folder and creating a
basic document type association in the Oxygen Preferences->"Document
Type Association" page:

http://www.oxygenxml.com/doc/ug-oxygen/index.html#topics/dg-basic-association.html