[oXygen-user] Xquery Update magic comment in Oxygen

Nicolas BUONOMO nicolas.buonomo at cnafmail.fr
Tue Apr 16 06:58:34 CDT 2013

Hi,

I send you a some code to illustrate a strange behavior with Xquery update. The code is as simple as
possible to illustrate my purpose. I’ve placed a Xquery update function in a Xquery module (module.xql),
this function is then called from a query (request.xquery).
when I execute this code within OxygenXml, it return me the error :
Engine name: Saxon-EE XQuery 9.4.0.4
Severity: error
unless I add in the query a comment like (:  copy modify :), in this case, the code work fine!
I have tried to execute this sample from the Saxon command line :
$ java -cp /usr/local/lib/oxygen-xml/lib/saxon9ee.jar net.sf.saxon.Query -update:on request.xquery
No license file found - running with licensable features disabled
Error
   SXUP0081: Target node of insert expression is not updateable
   at mod:transform-update-test()
(file:/home/nicolas/git-clones/xquery-dev/src/xquery-update/modify-copy-bugs/request.xquery#4)
Query processing failed: Run-time errors were reported
I’ve got a error with or without the comment (:  copy modify :), and the execution is ok when I had the
option -tree:linked on the command line, with or without the comment.

$ java -cp /usr/local/lib/oxygen-xml/lib/saxon9ee.jar net.sf.saxon.Query -update:on -tree:linked
request.xquery
No license file found - running with licensable features disabled
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><modify-copy-bugs><hello>world</hello>
</modify-copy-bugs>

I work with Oxygen Version : XML Editor 14.2, build 2013021115 on Ubuntu 12.04.

Regards,

Nicolas BUONOMO
--
Nicolas BUONOMO