[oXygen-user] base-uri()

Rushforth, Peter Peter.Rushforth at NRCan-RNCan.gc.ca
Tue Sep 18 06:51:50 CDT 2012

Hi there,

http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlbase/ says this:

"
In the example below, the base URI of element e2 should be returned as "http://example.org/wine/rosé".

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<e1 xml:base="http://example.org/wine/">
  <e2 xml:base="rosé"/>
</e1>
"

In oXygen 13.2, if I put the text input point after the e2 element and enter base-uri() into
the  xpath widget, the resulting value is "rosé" when the widget is set to process with XPath 2.0,
whereas it is "http://example.org/wine/rosé" when evaluated with XPath 2.0 SA.

When I run the following stylesheet against the same input using all three versions of saxon
(including HE) built in, I get the full (correct) base URI as output.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    exclude-result-prefixes="xs"
    version="2.0">
    <xsl:output method="text"/>
    <xsl:template match="/e1/e2">
        <xsl:value-of select="base-uri()"/>
    </xsl:template>
</xsl:stylesheet>

I think this must be a bug, unless I'm missing a setting somewhere?

Thanks

Peter Rushforth